Sunday, September 2, 2012

Finally Working

Boy has a lot happened since the last time we posted. First of all, I got a job working as an invoice representative at National Carriers! It is a trucking company that ships many companies' products including our biggest customer, National Beef. After a few interviews with different managers in the company, they offered me a job and I was able to start right away. I am really liking it so far. The people I work with are really nice and friendly and the commute isn't too bad! My first week, I was being trained on the phone by someone who works at National Carriers' Liberal, KS location. It was getting difficult to get trained over the phone, so my manager decided it would be better to get trained in person. The person who was training me could not come to Dallas because she has a baby she has to take care of so I ended up having to drive up there to get trained.

So, I spent this past week in Liberal, KS. Since Taylor and I only have one car, the company paid for me to use a rental car! I left Monday morning and it took me about 6.5 hours to get there. Liberal is a very interesting town. Most of the people who live there work for the National Beef plant. I learned a lot for what I need to know for my job. It was hard to be away from Taylor and home and to be in a strange town for a whole week. Luckily I got through it and the long drive there and back. I even made it through being pulled over for the first time. The officer was really nice and just gave me a warning.

The night before I had to leave for Liberal haha

Taylor started school this week! It has been a great experience so far, but his classes are huge! He has 40+ students in all 6 of his periods, and he is the only astronomy teacher, so he has to do all the planning, test-making, etc. all by himself! Sadly, because teaching is taking so much time and he has so many big classes, he can't coach football anymore. But we will still go to all the games and he is still the varsity girl's track coach! Taylor loves Sunset and his classes are great and he is always really tired when he gets home. It will be a fun year and we are just really happy he ended up at Sunset High!

Yay for Mr. Wilson!

No comments:

Post a Comment