Sunday, October 7, 2012

Birthday Week :)

It's my birthday week! We started the celebration by going to the Sunset football game on Thursday night with the Garzas. We are still hoping for our first win but Thursday was the most eventful game yet. We were losing 36-0 with 5 minutes left in the game when a fight broke out on the field. It started out small, but then the entire Sunset team ran onto the field, which prompted the entire Richardson team to run onto the field, and a crazy, full-team brawl went on for almost four minutes before they could break it up! After they cleared everyone off the field, they decided to end the game even though there was still 5:00 left on the clock. We are still waiting to hear if Sunset's season will be cancelled or if we will get to go to more games. Crazy!


On Friday my coworkers at National Carriers surprised me with pizza and red velvet cake! It was an awesome surprise and I'm so happy I get to work with such great people. Friday night was another night spent languishing through a BYU football game. We had some friends over, so luckily the ladies got to distract ourselves while all the guys got headaches from watching the Cougars win 6-3.


My birthday was on a Sunday this year, so Taylor decided to surprise me with a birthday breakfast and flowers on Saturday. He snuck out of the house at 7:30 am, bought me some beautiful flowers, and picked up my favorite breakfast (biscuits and gravy, with a side of THICK bacon) from Norma's cafe, and snuck back in. I woke up just as he was arranging it all on the table. He is so sweet!


Saturday afternoon we headed up to the North Park Mall so I could do some birthday shopping. I originally planned on just buying clothes but I mistakenly walked into the Michael Kors store "just to look". Well, I ended up walking out with an amazing silver and gold watch! I love it! (Thank you Taylor, Mom & Dad Jacobson, Mom & Dad Wilson, and Grandma and Grandpa Jacobson).


For my birthday dinner Taylor took me to Eno's Pizza, a nice little pizza place on the Bishop Arts District near our house. We are trying to taste every restaurant on Bishop Arts because they all look so delicious! Eno's turned out to maybe be the best one yet. We got super-thin crust pizza with white sauce, chicken, mushrooms, and basil. YUM!!


Conference Sunday was unique this year because we got to drive to Keller to go to my cousin Emily's baby's blessing. His name is Tait, he is 6 weeks old, and I love holding him! He fell right asleep in my arms! :)


1 comment:

  1. Happy birthday, Maddie! It sounds like you had a great birthday week, and Taylor spoiled you just like you deserve!

    ReplyDelete