Sunday, November 4, 2012

Scares and Laughs

Monday got our week off to a bloody start when I picked up the meat I ordered at work. Because National Carriers is owned by National Beef, we get a huge discount, which is awesome. But the one disadvantage is that we have to cut the meat up ourselves. We got 10 lbs of hamburger, which came in one massive tube, and 15 lbs of roast, which came in a giant bloody bag. I didn't mind cutting it, but we almost lost Taylor when he saw the bag 'o' blood. I thought it was a perfect way to start Halloween week!


Yummy Blue Bell Ice-cream! Gingerbread House flavor :)

This is my result from attempting the panorama feature on Taylor's iPhone


On Friday night we went to dinner with our friends at Twisted Root Burger, a downtown bar/restaurant that had an awesome atmosphere. Taylor will write a little bit more about that at the bottom of the page. But dinner was fun, as was the rest of the night, which was spent watching YouTube videos at the Lawlers' house. Most of the videos were of a guy from BYU that films awkward situations throughout campus. Some are pretty hilarious!


TK's Food Reviews 

I decided I wanted to start contributing to the blog, but didn't know how. Then it came to me. I love food. I love taking pictures of food. I love trying new places. So I figured I would start including pictures from wherever we eat every weekend and including a short foodie review, so if anyone visits Dallas you will know where to go!

In my inaugural post, I'll look at Twisted Root Burger Company, a neon-light covered bar in the Deep Ellum neighborhood of downtown Dallas. As you could guess, the place is known for its burgers. But they don't serve just any burgers. They have an array of unique options, so it was tough to choose. I went with the Philly, which was a burger with grilled mushrooms and onions, and an ample amount of cheese whiz. The picture isn't super clear but it was incredible. The meat was great, not quite as good as some other burger joints in Dallas, but the toppings and toasted bun, along with the ballin' fries, more than made up for it. Plus, I had to give bonus points for the Chuck Norris quotes in the bathroom. Overall grade: B+ 




No comments:

Post a Comment