Thursday, May 3, 2012

Graduation!!!

The first step to our new lives together came on April 20, when Taylor graduated with his Bachelor of Arts degree from BYU. He graduated Cum Laude, meaning he finished in the top 10% of his graduating class. I'm so proud of him! We had a delicious dinner at Legends afterwards with his whole family. Then on Saturday morning everyone went and hiked the Y, including Taylor's Grandpa Dayton (He's 80!!), while I stayed home and studied for the finals I had to take that Monday. We had a great time with Taylor's parents and grandparents, along with Krisopher and baby Kendrick and Samantha. Kendrick even slept through the entire night on Friday!



I finished my finals on Monday and Tuesday the next week and my daddy came on in town on Wednesday. I decided not to participate in commencement on Thursday night, so the whole family went to see Sherlock Holmes at the $3 theatre while Taylor stayed home to watch the NFL Draft. While we were gone, Taylor was cute enough to bake me a cake, his first attempt at baking in his entire life! It was a double layered chocolate cake, covered in M&Ms. But, by the time we got home from the movie, the cake had collapsed in the middle .... Taylor forgot to add water! Oops! We all had a (small) piece anyway and then picked the candy off the frosting. 


On Friday I had convocation and walked across the stage. I finished with an Associate's in Accounting and am planning on finishing up a Bachelor's degree sometime in the future. I spent the entire ceremony searching for the family in the crowd, but didn't find them until near the end. We took pictures afterwards then went to Brick Oven for a celebratory lunch. 


Now that both our graduations are over, we have a few weeks to relax and prepare for the move! I have been packing nonstop. Taylor studies a few hours a day for his science TExES exam that he has to take the first week of June and also complains that I am packing too much of our stuff too early (he likes his oatmeal bowls). Anyway, we are excited for the next couple of weeks and can't wait to hit the road on May 13! 

(We don't have very much stuff)


No comments:

Post a Comment